Monday, February 25, 2008

Really Simple Seriously (Thing Three)

Hmmmm... RSS.... To be quite serious, I've never encountered RSS before. Well, I've seen it from a distance, as if I were watching someone puke from far away. I know they're doing something, I recognize the motion, yet I have absolutely no clue what exactly they're doing. I'm all like, "Why are they doing that?" It all gets jumbled up. So, although I couldn't recognize RSS from far far away, as I got closer I had an "Oh yeah" moment. RSS makes a lot of sense in the information overload world we live in. I hadn't used it before, and to be honest, I'd made due without. However, RSS will simplify my life exponentially. I wish that I'd made use of it while in school. Not only could I have been more up to date with classroom subjects (potentially), but teachers could have employed it to organize their own lives. Come on, let's face it, teachers are wayyyy disorganized. So too does RSS have the potential to help connect people in business settings. Already, I'm excited because I'll finally know when my friends/business buddies, (yes, plural- I am popular), update their blogs. Personally, I am a podcast addict, and this will allow me the freedom to no longer obsessively check the site for possible updates.

When it comes to actually using RSS, it was a bit confusing at first. I may know this and that about the inter-web, but Miss Sticky is still a pupil in many other ways. I wait and watch sort of like a stalker, but not as creepy... or as obsessed. I'm still tweaking my searching techinques. How do I find that obscure podcast and where the heck is its RSS feed!? It will take a bit of time for me to feel comfortable in the RSS world, but it has the potential to knock my socks off. I know it can't be as easy as pie, but that doesn't mean I don't wish it was.

After all, who doesn't like pie?

No comments: