Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Four hundred billion seconds ago... (Thing 9)



I played around with both Google Docs for awhile. To be honest, I had a bit of a problem with Zoho. I for one didn't even get it to do all the things that I wanted. Hmph. So, instead I played around a bit (more) with Google Docs. The slide show I published was my first attempt, and it reminded me a lot of Power Point. (My later attempts were even more sweet- but no one can say that hat isn't amazing.) It actually brought back some high school memories...(shudder) I can see this tool be helpful for libraries over a long distance that work together. It could be an awesome communication tool that could allow libraries to really work together. Of course, not to be a Debbie Downer, but although there is potential to use it- I for one am just fine using some of the other tools that accomplish similar things. For me, I've decided that it is all about who can offer the most. This tool, though useful, is somewhat limited. I don't particularly want to have to open many accounts to do all the different things I want to online. If I can accomplish something, even if it isn't as nice, while accomplishing something else, then why bother with having two accounts when you can have one?

I guess I'm just lazy that way.

No comments: