Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tagalicious- Thing 11

Tag, YOUR IT!!! Naw, I'm just joking. I wont be discussing the most awesome game that many of us indulged in while still children. (And some of us even later...cause honestly, who can resist?) Instead, I'll be delving into the deep dark world of Tagging and Del.icio.us.

Tagging. It's something that you (or in this case, I) see everywhere. Miss Sticky reads a blog, and there are many small highlighted words at the bottom. Some make sense, some do not. If she clicks on one, it'll take her to a new and exciting world...or something. Before this I never really understood tagging to be quite honest. It was something that was done and I'd be all like, "Well, that's cool....what's the point?" So, I can say now that I feel much more 'aware' of the benefits that can be had through tagging. In fact, I have started to tag on my own blog. If anything, it will help me be more aware of what is going on.

Del.icio.us is like a way to 'super awesome book mark.' I can see a lot of positives from using the service. I have (multiple times) been up late at night found an amazing website! I'll bookmark it on my computer, but who knows- the next time I want to look at it ...I may be somewhere else! This would give me the opportunity to really track down and organize my favorite internet sites. But for research, I can honestly say that I can see how this would be extremely helpful for students who are doing TONS of research. Through this site they can organize and do more research. Not only that, but when I was still a student, I sometimes had to print out an article or try and jot down tons of info because I wasn't certain if I could find the site again. Through Del.icio.us, a student can save paper and still have their research materials close at hand!

Bravo!

No comments: