Thursday, March 20, 2008

Where you get to see what makes me tick- Thing 8

Things That I Love to Read

Above there is a link that lets everyone in on what makes me 'me.' Most would claim that my wit and style sets me apart, but in truth, its my mad reading skills (look out books, I'm coming for you...). Making a database was a bit harder than I thought it would be... because again... I didn't read the directions completely. I sort of just went with it. Suffice to say, not doing what I should have done from the beginning made everything a bit more difficult. Hopefully this time I really did learn my lesson. Once I did read the directions, using the 'database maker' was relatively easy. I can see how this could come in handy for patrons. It's a great way to share what you're all about. Because you can do things like add ratings and keywords, a user is able to share so much more than a simple list. In fact, it would be an awesome tool to create a way for patrons to interact with each other. An online community that wasn't as time consuming (or weird!) as many others.

Many online sites allow a user to make these sorts of lists. Facebook has a 'favorites' section, and it has expanded to include bigillions of other applications that personalize a user's Facebook page. Because it is relatively easy to 'share' now-a-days, it does seem a bit like overkill to have ALL of the different tools from the multiple sites. I probably am going to do a bit more exploring before deciding on one to stick with. Otherwise, I'll end up with tons of accounts that I wont even use. (Which seems perfectly ridiculous!)

No comments: