Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Homepage Makeover- Thing 13

My roommate is an individual that LOVES her homepage. She has it set perfectly to her preferences, and spends at least some time on it everyday. There she manages a calendar, creates lists, checks whats going to be on television that night, and sends herself reminders for all sorts of things.

My own homepage (MyYahoo!) has never gotten much time from me. I'd occasionally set it for this or that, but in the end it usually ended up neglected and ridiculously outdated. So, for this Thing I went ahead and tried to really get to know my page. I don't think I'll ever be good at the whole 'calendar' thing. My life tends to be unorganized to a certain point, and now that I'm out of school- I see no reason to force myself to write down the few appointments I have or the work schedule that rarely changes. It was actually a lot of fun to set a background, and go through all the different modules that I could add. In fact, I think I'll actually set it as my 'homepage' on my personal computer. Once I really took the time to spiffy it up, it had a lot of things on it that I'd like to see daily. Sort of like that room you have in your basement that is old, grungy, and no one wants to use. Once it gets a good cleaning, a new coat of paint, and some decoration- it's the hippest place in the house!

So too has MyYahoo! page become something that makes me grin! At home or even at the workplace I could see myself using it to get a quick look at something important (the weather or what movies are showing at the local theater). Do I think that it will become the most indispensable thing I use online, probably not. However, will I use it more often now that I know more about it? Heck yes!

No comments: